Etui Podcast #06 by Insect O. was recorded live at Sabotage Dresden on April 14th 2012. His new EP “Birds Over Hong Kong” incl. a remix by Marko Fürstenberg will be released as green/black marbled vinyl on Etui Records in May 2012. With this ep he shows also a wider range of his artistic pursuit. The tracks “Echoes Of Antarctica” and “Rusty” range from broken beats to electronica sounds to rough techno.
His Music is melodic, dreamy and also kinda frisky but always with a touch of deepness. Each of his track got an own story to tell but all of them come around with a special arrangement combined with contemporary sounds in a mixture between Dubtechno and Techhouse. The latest remixes for Konrad Küchenmeisters “Moonlight”, Echzeit’s “CL 4″ on Melted Recordings and Helly Larson’s “Dubcreators” reflect his love for the deep techno sound.
Insect O. is an old hand in Dresden’s electronic music scene. Enthusiastic about the radio show “electronics” on East German radiostation DT64 in the early nineties he started buying records and making music at the age of 14.
Click on the button to load the content from w.soundcloud.com.
1. Insect O. – Intro
2. Helly Larson – Dubcreators (Insect O.’s Striesen Redub) – Etoka Shapes
3. Insect O. – work in progress
4. Insect O. – Four (Striesen Redub) – Melted Recordings
5. Insect O. – Birds Over Hong Kong – Etui Records
6. Insect O. – work in progress
7. Insect O. – Sleepless In Striesen – Etui Records
8. Insect O. – work in progress
9. Insect O. – Rusty (Live Version) – Etui Records
10. Insect O. – Bangkok – Etui Records
11. Insect O. – She – Etui Records
12. Alec Troniq – Passengers (Insect O.’s Galerie Daylight Dub) – Etui Records
13. Insect O. – work in progress
14. Insect O. – Echoes Of Antarctica – Etui Records