Marcel Bastisch and Markus Schneider are Zero In Something. Both were born 1983 in Neugersdorf (Germany). Mainly raised in the 90ties both guys have been influenced by different kinds of music but especially by Techno, House and the 90s Rave Anthems.
Since 2002 they work on own tracks seriously and developed an own deep sound inbetween House & Techno that is always influenced by their collected experiences.
In their DJ sets they are going more and more back to technoid stuff but you will find smooth, dubby and deep tracks as well – it alwyas depends on thier mood and the places they are deejaying at. In 2009 they also founded their own “Etoka Shapes” imprint as a sublabel of Liverpool based Etoka Records.
Your sound changed over the last years to some more kind of raw techno attitude. Is there a reason for this development?
Actually we started DJing in 2000 using more hard and rough Techno in our D.J. sets. Our sound has constantly changed ever since and we´ve always been searching for new sounds and styles keeping the whole thing rolling for us. During the last year we “discovered” Techno again and (finally!) we recognized lots of marvelous new productions. Those tracks that we missed before when Techno became a bit run-of-the-mill for us. Back to the roots – if you will.
What about your label plans? Is there something coming up in the near future, especially concerning your own productions?
At the moment our families are the most important thing in our live but we´re still working on own productions and remixes. Two remixes are currently in progress and to be released on ETOKA Records and Deeper Meaning.
Referring to our own label “etoka:shapes” we´d like to say that a new EP by Helly Larson was just released 2 weeks ago. The Dubcreators EP including some awesome remixes by Insect. O., Greenster, Monomood, Nadja Lind, Tojami Sessions and Riccicomoto.
What is the idea of this podcast? Is there a certain message behind it and how does it correspond to your deejay sets at a party?
There´s no special message behind it but it shows our present view on Techno or how we think contemporary Techno music should sound like. And for sure it´s as well an example how a ZIS D.J. set at a party might sound like.
Click on the button to load the content from w.soundcloud.com.
1. Deadbeat – Second Quarter [BLKRTZ]
2. Martin Schulte – Liquid (P. Laos Bottom Shaking RMX) [Fountaine Music]
3. Monomood – Monoskop [ETUI Records]
4. Random One – Random 01 (Beat Pharmacy Dub) [Syndikaat Records]
5. Truncate – Truncate Dub [Truncate]
6. Pattern Repeat – Ofetriade (Ben Block RMX) [Echocord]
7. Pattern Repeat – A [Pattern Repeat]
8. Skudge – Void [Echocord Colour]
9. KW – Undergrowth [Boe Recordings]
10. Truncate – 21 (V2 Dub) [Truncate]
11. Antigone – The Colonists [Construct Reform]
12. Peter van Hoesen – Last One At 1080 [Ann Aimee]
13. Antigone – The Mechanists [Construct Reform]